Whitmire Ascend Fire Ant Bait
Homeowners and pest control operators are excited about the superior results delivered by Whitmire Ascend Fire Ant Bait. Easy to apply granular bait may be applied directly from the 2 lb container or with a professional spreader.
Whitmire Ascend Fire Ant Bait Features:
* Ascend Fire Ant Bait is highly attractive to red imported fire ants.
* The active ingredient in Ascend Fire Ant Bait slows reproduction of fire ant egg production.
* Registered for use in and around homes and commercial buildings.
Whitmire Ascend Fire Ant Bait Uses / Applications:
Labeled for use in and around homes and commercial buildings.
To Control Imported Fire Ants on turf, lawns, and other non-crop areas such as parks, and golf courses, and imported fire ants and pharaoh ants indoors in homes, and the non-food/feed areas of commercial buildings, warehouses, hotels, food storage areas, inedible product areas of meat packing plants, motels, schools, supermarkets and the non-patient areas of hospitals and nursing homes.
The active ingredient in Ascend is a stomach insecticide which acts to reduce ant workers. The bait is also passed by the workers throughout the ant colony and eventually to the queen. Ascend is toxic to ants; however, it is most effective against the ant queen and causes an immediate halt of egg production and disappearance of worker brood. The disappearance of worker ants leads to the decline and eventual elimination of the ant colony.
* Apply when ants are actively foraging--typically when soil temperatures are greater than 60 degrees F (15 degrees C).
* In cases where re-infestation occurs or when very large mounds remain active, re-treat as necessary.
OUTDOORS: Apply after dew or rainfall has dried for maximum effectiveness. For best results, do not apply if rainfall is anticipated within 4 to 6 hours after application.
* Broadcast Application: Apply Ascend as evenly as possible to turf, lawns and non-crop areas at a rate of 1 lb. of bait per acre (0.4 oz. of bait per 1000 sq. ft. or 1.8 oz. of bait per 5000 sq. ft.).
* Individual Mound Treatment: Use 5 to 7 tablespoons of Ascend per mound. Apply the bait as evenly as possible over the mound and for a distance of approximately 2 feet out from the base of the mound. Do not contaminate kitchen utensils with this product. LIMITATIONS: Do not use in pastures, rangeland,or croplands.
INDOORS: Do not use in the food/feed areas of food/feed handling establishments, restaurants or other areas where food is commercially prepared or processed. Do not use in serving areas while food is exposed or facility is in operation.
* Locate Ant Activity: Follow ants back to voids. Apply bait to crevices or voids where ants are active. Use up to 5 tablespoons per treatment site in a heavily traveled area. Use less in areas with less activity or if the treatment site will not hold that much. Use a large Centrobulb Dusteror other appropriate application device to place bait in crevices or voids. Enlarging the void's opening may be required. Repeat as necessary. Do not contaminate kitchen utensils with this product.
* To Treat Plumbing Voids With Known Ant Activity: Obtain access to void and place up to 5 tablespoons inside the plumbing void. Place bait where it will remain dry. Repeat as necessary. Do not contaminate kitchen utensils with this product.
* UTILITIES (such as above ground transformers, pedestal boxes, in-ground utility boxes, etc.): If fire ants are nesting or traveling inside utility boxes, place 5 to 7 tablespoons form lighter infestations or up to 2 1/2 oz. for heavy infestations on the ground or open floor area of box. Placement should be made so bait stays dry and does not contact any equipment.
Whitmire Ascend Fire Ant Bait Target Pests:
Kills fire ants, pharaoh ants, and related ants, indoors and outdoors.
Whitmire Ascend Fire Ant Bait Active Ingredients:
Whitmire Ascend Fire Ant Bait EPA Reg. No. 499-370Whitmire Ascend Fire Ant Bait Size: 2 and 25 lbs. available
Whitmire Ascend Fire Ant Bait Category: Fire Ant Control
Whitmire Ascend Fire Ant Bait Manufacturer: Whitmire Micro-Gen Laboratories / BASF